- Please complete the reading comprehension on the sheet provided.
- Ensure that you have logged your x3 reads from last week – ready for inspection on Monday.
- Learn spellings for summer term group 10
Also – remember to do any further revision for maths and SPAG as you feel you need.
‘You get out what you put in’
Have a great weekend!
Hey Year Six,
Alongside your EXAM NINJA list, the document above might prove useful when preparing for the SPAG test. Click on the link and a word list should magically appear! There is no guarantee that any of these words will come up, but you can bet that similar spellings will! Make it your mission to smash it!
See you soon
Firstly – I hope you have a lovely Easter and come back having had a nice rest and some fun times (and not too much chocolate!)
However, as you know SATs week looms beginning Monday 13th May and you will want to be ready. So we cannot totally sit back and do nothing over Easter! Here’s what you NEED to do and what I’d LIKE you to do:
NEED TO DO:
- Reading. Reading. Reading. Lots of it if you can – and lots of different texts too! You all have been given non-fiction texts to read over Easter alongside your normal reading book. Be sure to question what you read and think deeply – especially about new / tricky words. Talking about your reading is just as important as the reading itself! And most importantly try to ENJOY your reading!
- Maths – you have a TIME paper with SATs-style Qs to answer. There is a letter to parents and a SLIP that needs to come back into school the first day back. Please ensure this is completed in full.
- Arithmetic extension test to complete and return to school. Aim for full marks. No excuses!
- Spellings to learn: Grand Spell coming up the first week back based on SUMMER SPELLINGS GROUPS 1-9
I’D LIKE YOU TO:
- A little bit of revision or catch-up learning where you need to – there are a wide variety of resources available to you now: CGP revision books, IXL.COM, the maths links from the Y6 class page, Mymaths and so on. If fractions isn’t your thing, then make it your thing by studying! If you are not the best at co-ordinates, there are plenty of resources out there to practise with.
- Become an EXPERT SPELLER. Dig out your EXAM NINJA lists – it’s these types of words that will come up in your SPAG test. Be ready to smash it!
- NOT WORRY. What’s the point? It’s just wasted energy. If you know that you are ready to give it your best and that you have tried hard then that’s all I can ask for. Be in a good state of mind for these tests. Be proud of your efforts and you will feel good about yourself.
Have a great Easter!
- Reading – as usual
- Maths test ‘Summer 2018’ paper 2 to complete by Wednesday.
- SPAG worksheets – in yellow homework book – for Monday please.
- Spellings to learn – gp 8
- Old tests – look through them. Show your parents. Be proud of your efforts! Revise areas where you are weakest.
Have a good weekend!
Click the link above to try out some instant brain teasers!
Also – here’s the link to ‘Hit The Button’, that we played today in class:
A reminder about this week’s homework:
- Make sure x3 reads recorded by Monday 24th March (since Sunday 17th March)
- Reading each day next week Mon – Fri – signed and recorded words please.
- SATs style reading comprehension test to complete – hand in Tuesday checked and signed please.
- IXL maths – x30 mins minimum – make a full A4 page of notes / diagrams about what you covered. This is due Wednesday 27th.
- Spellings to learn – gp 5 and 7 summer term.
Also – a reminder about ONLINE gaming / WHATSAPP squabbles and issues: if you take part in any unkind online activity this will not be tolerated. These out-of-school problems are taking far too much time away from learning in school and at a time where your focus should be on achieving your very best exam results, this is unacceptable. All parties to any unkindness or thoughtless actions in these forums will be put directly into a school ‘reflection’ and parents informed. You have been warned. If in doubt, stay out of these forums or delete yourself from a group in order to stay safe and out of any possible trouble.
homework this weekend includes:
- Reading test (due Tuesday)
- Maths test (due Wednesday) – both signed please
- Spelling gp 4 to learn.
- 3 reads next week (Sunday to Sunday)
- Any extra learning as required: you know where you struggled in the maths tests!
Have a good weekend!
P.S. Don’t forget you can now access Espresso at home:
Just a reminder about this week’s homework:
- From Friday 8th to Sunday 10th March a minimum of 2 recorded, signed ‘reads’ please. Remember to collect interesting or new words.
- Reasoning maths paper B – to be completed for Tuesday.
- Spelling gp 3 to learn.
- Old and past papers – look at them with your parents: use them to concentrate on areas of weakness and to improve – I do not need these back in school.
- On Monday, you will receive your ’10 min reading’ SATs style comprehension – due Wednesday.
- Some poorly-completed work on ‘dual duty words’ may have to be repeated next week.
REMEMBER TO HAVE YOUR HOMEWORK QUALITY-CHECKED AND SIGNED PLEASE.
Have a good weekend.
Homework this weekend:
- By Monday, please ensure you have read 3 times since 24th February.
- Next Monday to Thursday read 15 mins per night (minimum), record it, collect words and have your green reader signed each day.
- Complete MYMATHS MIXED ASSESSMENT 5 by Tuesday. 80% score if possible and remember to check-out!
- Summer term gp 2 spellings to learn.
- 10 min reading test in yellow book to complete by Monday.
Thank you and have a good weekend.
Be sure to have a good rest this week and get some air into your lungs!
In those interim moments, please be sure to get your homework done too:
- There is a 3-part reading comprehension paper to complete fully.
- Complete maths reasoning paper.
These tests are not ‘timed’: you should work until you have attempted every question to the best of your ability.
TOP TIP: ‘Mymaths’ and IXL are ALWAYS available for extra support / explanations and practise for maths
See you after the holiday.
Not too much this weekend:
- Reading as usual
- Arithmetic test to completed by Tuesday – aim for full marks!
- Test out some pop-up mechanisms to use in your topic work.
- Be ready for ‘Grand spell’ next week.
Homework this week is:
- Corrections from your recent reading test to complete.
- Spelling-prepare for Grand Spell (all Spring term words)
- Maths & SPAG IXL practise – as much as you need.
- Reading tasks in your yellow book – character analysis, plot and so on.
Have a great weekend!
Hi Everyone! In between some relaxation and fun this weekend, here’s your homework-due Monday:
- READING – Please record x2 ‘reads’ this weekend as a minimum. I am looking for a total of 5 this week from last Sunday.
- Spelling – groups 10 and 11 to learn for a 15 word test
- Maths sheet – percentages. Please show working out. Do not write on the sheet – present neatly in your book.
- x10 min reading test to complete.
Thank you Year Six!
Be safe! Be happy!
- Reading as usual please
- Spellings – grp 9
- Maths sheet on measures (which has a few issues I’m afraid – do what you can please!) DUE WEDNESDAY
- x3 mymaths online lessons and homework
- x10 min reading comprehension to complete
Have a good weekend
Hi Year Six,
This weekend’s homework is:
- Reading as usual – don’t end up on the ‘hit list’!
- Spellings to learn – group 8 Spring
- x10 min reading test – on sheets in your books.
- SPAG.COM test online (2014 SATs test)
- Maths – measurement worksheet to complete: please work neatly in your book, showing working out and clear answers. Do not answer on the worksheet please.
Be sure to have a rest and lots of fun – and don’t leave this until the last weekend!
- x6 reads minimum
- Spring group 7 spellings to learn
- A total of 90 minutes IXL practise – you choose! 10 mins a day would be great!
- Science book revision – read and learn!
Enjoy your Christmas and have a lovely time!
Thanks for all your kind gifts and cards!
Hi Year Six!
The homework this week includes:
- Reading x3 as usual – are YOU doing enough?
- GRAND SPELL NEXT WEEK – SPRING GROUPS 1 TO 5
- x10 min reading and x10 min SPAG test – in yellow book already.
- x20 min IXL Maths online of your choice.
ALL HOMEWORK MUST BE PLEASE CHECKED AND SIGNED.
Have a great weekend!
Year 2 have been busy designing and sewing their own puppets. They really enjoyed sewing, once they got the hang of it. They are very excited to bring them home to show you soon.
What budding actors we have in Year 2! All of the children made us so proud during their performance of Christmas with the aliens. Everyone had a speaking part and also sang and acted amazingly! Well done Year 2!
BIIIIIIG Questions! Huge! What an interesting day we had…!
Children had a great time participating in a debate as part of learning about the British values – individual liberty and democracy. We discussed whether Shaw market should stay on the high street or move back to it’s old location behind the shops. There were strong arguments from both sides. After a heated debate, a vote was taken. The result was the majority wanted the market to stay on the high street. Well done everyone for taking part!
DUE MONDAY – EXCEPT ONLINE MYMATHS WHICH IS DUE WEDNESDAY
- Reading – x3 reads as usual.
- Mymaths – complete any lessons by Wednesday – 75% score needed as a minimum.
- x10 min reading test – on sheet in book.
- Silent letter spellings & sentences in book.
- Group 4 spring term words to learn.
A weekend off – sort of. Use the time well – and that could mean just having a good rest after a bit of exercise!
- Reading as usual please
- Spellings to learn – group 3 Spring
Any extra you choose to do is a bonus for yourself.
Have a good one!
We’re so proud of all of our amazing Year 4s for their incredible performance in their class assembly. Children clearly delivered key messages on the importance of respect.
Well done Year 4!
Hi everyone – due Tuesday 27th November:
- reading – as usual x3 minimum
- Spring term group 2 spellings to learn
- IXL ENGLISH Y6 B1-B9 30 mins practise
- Mymaths – angles 4 and construction of triangles lessons online
- Angles worksheet (in book – with parent helpers please)
- Parents please sign all homework – thank you!
Don’t forget to return your protractors to school.
Remember: don’t leave it until the last minute!
Everyone had lots of fun on our class visit to the Chill Factore. The morning was spent learning team building and survival skills before venturing into the snow park where the class worked together to build an igloo and find hidden items beneath the snow. To finish the day, much fun was had travelling down the slopes in various ways
Year Six enjoyed a thoroughly thought-provoking day at Manchester Cathedral today: presentations by Dr Matt Pritchard (scientist and magician extraordinaire), Caleb Gordon (environmental ethics) and Hannah Malcolm (theologist and philosopher). Big questions about life and our planet…with a few answers. We enjoyed the chance to reflect and think BIG about our role in the world…
Hello Year 6,
This weekend please remember to do your homework:
- x3 reads as usual within the week
- 10 min reading comprehension
- Finish all the ‘explanation maths’ questions in your maths homework book. Carry on from where you left off in class. Remember – most Qs need an explanation and an example of ‘how you know’.
- Learn SPRING TERM GROUP 1 spellings – we are working ahead of the rest of school.
- IXL – if you have not been on at home this week, you should consider spending at least half an hour on areas you know that you struggle with.
Have a great weekend!
This week please:
- Read! Lots if you can! Enjoy it – or find something you do enjoy reading. x3 minimum as usual. Remember – our ‘reading week’ goes from Sunday to Sunday.
- Learn by heart group 11 words and others that follow the rule / word families.
- There are 3 online MYMATHS lessons and homework to complete about TIME. You should do this by MONDAY and if you have problems with the internet this could be completed at break time in school. You need to get at least 75% scores as these are YEAR 4 lessons. Keep trying to aim for your very best and do the lessons again if you need help.
- 10 minute reading comprehension – on paper, in your yellow homework book.
- 10 minute SPAG test to complete – on paper, in your yellow homework book.
PLEASE HAVE EACH PIECE OF HOMEWORK CHECKED AND SIGNED BY A PARENT / CARER.
Not really…just wanted to say I hope you all had a great time over Halloween and stayed safe. Be careful if you are at a bonfire this weekend too…remember to follow the fireworks code!
Don’t leave your homework until the last minute – remember to do as many corrections as possible on those test papers and hand them in on Monday.
A special mention to: Lewis, Kai, Lucy, Emilia, Lily-Ann and Meadow who have been doing their little bits of extra learning on IXL this holiday. Every little bit counts!
See you next week!
Mrs Hardman challenged us to put the fire out in Pudding Lane, but by the time we had got water from the River Thames the fire had spread! We had great fun learning why the fire of London spread and how hard it was to stop it getting bigger.