Welcome to St. Mary’s CE Website
On behalf of all the children, staff and Governors I would like to warmly welcome you to St Mary’s C.E (Aided) Primary School website. We hope you will find this website useful for finding out information but also for sharing in some of our events and special moments at this very special school.
We are proud to be an inclusive Christian school, with strong links to St Mary’s Church. As a church School we aim to serve our community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. We encourage an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promote Christian values to our pupils through all aspects of the curriculum and school life. (St Mary’s Instrument of Government).
1. To value all God’s children by providing a safe, caring and inclusive environment, prioritising our efforts to keep them safe from harm.
2. To meet the academic and spiritual needs of pupils through, high expectations, a rich and relevant curriculum which enables every individual regardless of ability to achieve their full potential.
3. To equip learners with transferable skills developing creative and enthusiastic thinkers. Pupils will use their initiative, build confidence, resilience and independence, promoting a ‘can do’ attitude and a desire to learn.
4. To ensure children respect themselves and others, treating everyone fairly with an understanding of their individuality regardless of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality or social background.
5. To promote responsibility for our actions and behaviour choices; seeking forgiveness and understanding through social and moral development and achieving a culture of excellence.
6. To develop an understanding of deprivation and disadvantage locally, national and globally enabling them to become responsible, valued and contributing citizens.
7. To inspire personal and spiritual growth through high quality worship and reflection.
The distinctiveness and effectiveness of St Mary’s as a Church of England school are outstanding. – SIAMS Inspection June 2017
- The highly effective and distinctively Christian leadership of the headteacher and senior leaders ensures that Christian values are deeply embedded in the life and actions of the school. As a result Christian values give excellent support to pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development.
- The role of the ethos group in developing pupils’ excellent understanding of Christian values and actively promoting them is inspiring. Consequently, pupils have a thorough understanding of the importance of the values in the life of the school.
- Prayer and reflection are at the heart of this thoughtful and prayerful school. Pupils show considerable maturity in their understanding of the nature of both corporate and personal prayer.
- The impact of the school’s Christian vision is observable in the outstanding behaviour of pupils and their relationships with one another.
- As a result of very good teaching and learning in religious education (RE), pupils’ responses show a highly creative and thoughtful understanding of themes studied.
More information can be found in our school prospectus. Please take a look at our video below which celebrates the Ethos of our School.
If you would like to visit our school to see our strong Christian and family ethos for yourself please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.