Believe and Achieve
St Mary’s is an outstanding church school. It reflects exceptionally well its Christian foundation providing many opportunities for children to develop as individuals within a safe, caring, welcoming and stimulating environment. Links with the church and local community are exceptionally strong. As a result of high quality provision and outstanding practice pupils make very good progress in their spiritual and wider personal development.
– SIAS April 2012
Welcome to St. Mary’s CE Website
On behalf of all the children, staff and Governors I would like to warmly welcome you to St Mary’s C.E (Aided) Primary School website. We hope you will find this website useful for finding out information but also for sharing in some of our events and special moments at this very special school.
We are proud to be an inclusive Christian school, with strong links to St Mary’s Church. As a church School we aim to serve our community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. We encourage an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promote Christian values to our pupils through all aspects of the curriculum and school life. (St Mary’s Instrument of Government).
Our Mission Statement
Believe and Achieve.
To provide a fun, stimulating and excellent education which enables each child to achieve their full potential academically, spiritually, emotionally and socially in a safe, Christian environment.
1. To nurture and stimulate each child’s spiritual journey, developing an appreciation of the Christian values through worship and prayer within the ethos of a Church of England school.
2. To strive to achieve a culture of excellence, by inspiring and engaging all pupils in a creative curriculum, promoting self-belief, challenging them to do their best and instilling high aspirations.
3. To equip learners with transferable skills, developing creative and enthusiastic thinkers. Pupils will use their initiative, build confidence and independence, promoting a ‘can do’ attitude and a desire to learn.
4. To provide a welcoming school which ensures all pupils are safe and secure.
5. To promote an ethos of mutual respect, high standards of behaviour and empathy for others, treating everyone fairly with an understanding of their individuality regardless of race, religion, gender, disability or social background.
6. To develop children’s sense of responsibility, enabling them to become valued citizens and contributing members of society, who appreciate and respect cultural identity.
More information can be found in our school prospectus. Please take a look at our video below which celebrates the Ethos of our School.
If you would like to visit our school to see our strong Christian and family ethos for yourself please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.